Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 03:41 AM   #1
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.1

We have been full time RVers for the last 5+ years but are transitioning to part time as we are buying a house near Jax, FL. We do not need/want the 42 ft DP we have been living in but do want to have a DP for part time RVing!
We have noted several Palazzos for sale.
They seem well built and do not feel as close as I expected after living in our current 42 ft DP.
I have found the forum for that RV owners group to be a useful resource so I am coming to this forum looking for any info on the Palazzo.
I have done a search and not found anything repetitive or serious that would affect the 33.1 which does not have a full body slide.
I have not had a Freightliner chassis or the Cummns ISB engine but don't know of any issues with them currently.
Again, I would appreciate any inputs or links you might care to provide. I did see in the literature that it has a 2kw inverter with auto genset start, but it does not say what brand it is. The unit we looked at today has a residential refrig (RR) and 4 6vdc batteries in the normal serial/parallel config. I am concerned the 2kw inverter and 4 batteries is not adequate for the load including the RR. This RR is not as big as the one in our 42 ft which as a bigger inverter and battery bank so the config in the Palazzo may not be an issue. Any comments about that would be appreciated/ We don't dry camp a lot but do for a few weeks every Winter while NAS KW! And we plan on continuing to spend part of the Winter in the Keys!

Bob & BJ
on the road to ournextstop

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.