Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
budHumph450

Brand: Still Looking
State: Kentucky
THOR #12161
New 28 foot Chateau owner with questions

My wife and I just bought a practically unused 2014 Chateau from an elderly widow who knew practically nothing about the motorhome. I have figured most things out, from reading and past-experience, but I need answers to the following:
1. In the cab, just above the mirror adjustment switch is an unmarked switch that, when pushed, illuminates a red light beside it???? What does this do?
2. Also in the cab is an "Emergency Start" switch. How does this work???
3. The front-most dining table seat (over the generator) is screwed down. Beneath it is a large completely empty compartment, with no way to access it, (other than by unscrewing the top cover). Is there any reason why I shouldn't remove the screws and make use of this large compartment?
4. The tire valve stems are recessed behind small eliptical holes in the wheel covers. The holes are too small for a normal tire air pressure gage to make a solid 90 degree fit onto the valve stems, so that air pressure may be read. The manual states that some sort of angled, two-faced heavy-truck air gage is needed. Can someone recommend a good brand/model air gage to use?
5. I can't find a way to turn off the lighted "wheel-shaped" control beside the computer screen in the center of the dash. I certainly don't need this thing lit up when I am not using the computer screen.

Thanks, budHumph450

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum