Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
cconnorrn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.4
State: Delaware
THOR #9121
Slide "catching"

Unit: 2018 A.C.E. 29.4, 8000 miles

Wondering if anyone has this issue: When retracting the living area slide, it comes in about 8 inches, then seems to catch on something, which from the motion, would be on the bottom of the slide. It "bumps" over it, and continues to retract normally. Happens on almost every retract.

I've been over every sq. in. of the slide, and although I've found some abnormalities and a ton of shoddy workmanship, I can't find anything to account for this particular problem. No abnormal wear marks, no roller issues, etc., anywhere. Grant it, I can't get a look at everything.

My concern is that eventually it will cause the slide to fail, and it'll be stuck out. If there is something obstructing it, trying to disconnect the motors and pushing it in would not be an option. That makes me worry.
FMCA F453754
cconnorrn is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum