Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
LeonineThor

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #7468
How does this happen - air in water lines

How in the *&% can I be getting air in my water lines but there is no leak? I have always had terrible water pressure, it's been looked at (under warranty) and nothing found to be wrong. Often not enough water running through to trigger the hot water heater.

So - last night I decided to start from the tank unscrewing the lines and making sure they were clear and tight when I put them back together. After the 1st 2 I thought I should check if that helped - NO - worse than ever! I admit that I didn't have teflon tape, so I'll try that this morning.

But - I have 2 questions:
1. How does this even happen - how is air getting in, but water isn't dripping out?

2. Can I replace any of the lines that are using 90D turns with a flexible line from point A-B?

3. Can I just rant here a little bit? Oh - wait, I said 2 questions, and I already am ranting, so I guess the answer to this one is yes! Darn it to hell, I want to shower!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum