Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
DLM1965

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #6671
We wanted the cab-over design largely for the storage - we have no intention of sleeping anyone up there. Great for larger items. We also like the rear storage unit on the passenger side - we store our 12-1/2-foot kayak in there, for example. We purchased locking-top bins that fit perfectly in the outside storage areas to keep things organized and from sliding around. We use our PD31 just for the two of us, plus our dog. We have found the storage more than adequate.

As for final walk-through, ours was more of an orientation. We assumed the dealer prep fee we paid up front meant the dealer tested everything to make sure it was working. Wrong. I suggest making them do everything from starting up the stove and oven to testing the shower drain (ours had a blockage and did not work on our first trip. Obviously no one had tested it). I also used my phone video to record our orientation in segments - separate clips on each different system. Great tool for refreshing your memory on some of the details. Make certain they have cleaned out the air ducts - ours were loaded with foam shavings. Other defects were detected during shakedown cruises - I recommend one or two short trips to put everything through the paces. Don't get a wrong impression - we love our unit. But as with all new units, there were mfg issues that had to be corrected. Patience is a virtue. If you have more specific questions, would be happy to respond.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.