Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #7
cconnorrn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.4
State: Delaware
THOR #9121
problem found

Well thanks people! I combined your comments and found the problem.

I retracted the slide to the bump and stopped. Then, I did my best to visualize the rollers underneath.

The problem is indeed a roller plate not being long enough. The roller drops off the plate as the slide extends, and has to ride back up on the plate when the slide is being retracted. The design is a failure waiting to happen. I can see that if this is not addressed eventually, that roller will fail, and I have absolutely no idea, short of taking the slide off the coach, how one would replace that roller.

Now, I'm pretty sure I can change out the plate with a longer one. Yes, I'm going to do it myself. My dealer's service department is staffed by braindead idiots, and the general manager does not care. I've complained to Thor about them... and Thor doesn't care. Of course, when you look at how they put their product together, saying Thor doesn't care is a gross understatement. Oh well.

Thanks again for your help!
FMCA F453754
cconnorrn is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.