Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Roasting inside
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #9
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman32225 View Post
NO, i do not run exhaust fans while moving. that to me seems counterproductive to cooling.. I can hear little leakage around the door but nothing major.
The engine area in the rear bath is super hot. The flooring gets so hot you have to wear shoes or walk on a rug. Everything in the bath is hot to the touch. I never thought of that being the problem but being 45 feet from the front i never suspected that as an issue. I figured all diesel pushers got hot over the engine like the hood of a car. but even with that heat I would think the front would stay cool.. how does one insulate the engine compartment in a diesel pusher//???
Our Tuscany had quite a bit of insulation above the engine, the bedroom and closet floors would get slightly warm but never hot. As I said before, I suspect your lack of cooling is a result of heat intrusion from the engine bay. I don’t know if your engine is accessible from the top, like under the bed or something, but you need more insulation over the top of the engine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.