Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #40
PaulH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Watching Tour de France on TV over last couple of days reminded me of this thread. There are 1000s of motorhomes along race route and so far haven’t noticed one with a ladder on back to access roof. It may be their roof structures are too light to climb up there, or maybe Europeans prefer a cleaner exterior, or simpler “less-is-more” design.

Also, Volta battery systems uses a Euro-style motorhome on an ad that has equipment on roof, but no ladder to get up there. Thinking back when I had a Class C, I don’t recall ever getting on roof except at home to inspect, clean, or maintain. On the road the ladder went unused. If I could order a custom Axis 24.1, I’d be tempted to go without a ladder. I find RV ladders hard to use anyway.
You're right, very few European motorhomes have a roof ladder. I think it's to do with cost really.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.