Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
My Axis was like yours until I make some major improvements. First thing I would look at is where the "Thermistor Probe" is located inside the RV on the old air return side (single white wire going into the aluminum fins). Mine was only one inch from the bottom. I moved it up about two inches and temp dropped 10 deg then I moved it up another 1.5 or so and I saw another 10 deg drop. Now when I crank up my AC (no matter what interior temp is) and stick my portable AC temp probe in the vents on the cover it show around 45 deg output within a few minutes (I was at 65 deg before). This mod dont cost anything either but check after a couple of hours to make sure its not frosting up - if it does move it down an half an inch or so. The 2nd major mod (but expensive) is "Ceramic Window Tint". I will put a post out something this week on that subject. I no longer need to use the reflective bubble wrap in the windows unless I want to black it out for privacy or am sitting all day in spot. Plus I like to look out my windows so I don’t like to feel like im living in a cave. I hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.