Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
tnwebwise

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #11816
New Thor Axis 24.1 Leaking like a rain storm

So our last trip it rained on our new Axis 24.1 and it’s leaking behind the upper cabinets on the drivers side of the bed (woke up soaked), rear window (full trough) and between the awning and the outer wall (covered gear was soaked), drooping the led lights. The inner wall is wrinkled, basement wet also (as was our gear and totes with water in them). Worried about mold as we have mold allergies.

It was level at the campsite and wasn’t raining that hard. We have had it only a month. Water should never come into a new RV right?!? So, I called Thor, they said call local authorized repair shop and we have an August 9th apt.... assuming they take 2-3 weeks to fix it - my season is finished and my payments will continue. Should I drive to factory lol?

I’m a very unhappy camper... that we saved and got a new Thor RV and now can’t use it until next year. We have canceled campsites until late august. We live in New England and I would imagine camping is over around October or just after. I have opened all windows, pulled the bed, and been running the fans to dry it out.

Anyone know of a way to get Thor to act faster on a manufactured issue? Should I blast all social media? Is there someone that can help from Thor here?

Should I find time and drive to Elkhart, IN from Boston to get more attention?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum