Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #10
tnwebwise

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #11816
Blasting isn't my thing... but spending a lot for an RV and getting rained on inside was a bit frustrating. (sorry for the long post, but I wanted to cover it all in case Thor reads it too).

I have concerns about the time from here to repair. Do I try to mitigate more damage from the rains from now till Aug. 6th? If so how? We can't tarp it as the area we live in won't appreciate that. I have a RV cover for winter, but it was for the 36' that I traded in and might not be water proof. I have repaired many RV's over the years but will I void warranty by fixing a hidden roof leak? I looked and don't see anything obvious about the roof seams or skylights. I don't want to make things worse by trying to make it better.

The open remaining issues we have encountered over 3 weeks are and I am unsure how or to whom to report it:

The rain also stained the middle bed cushions as well. I have not checked the driver side one. I am worried that mold and or issues can remain after a leak as it leaked in the wall and also into the rear storage basement.

Also many screws in the RV are loose or stripped and have fallen out in the two trips I have had on it, all highway. Ones for the closed door magnetic metal brace in the ceiling of the bathroom. Ones for the table holders in the closet. Ones for the stud for the fan fold door to the rear. Screws for the table posts have come loose on the tables. The floor ones look fine.

The table posts also do not allow one to press the spring in to release it from the posts.

I have a few places where the interior wood trim is de-laminating/peeling from the wood showing the raw materials.

The 12 lighter in the cab stopped working after the rain as it ran the GPS and we can't find that fuse nor understand how the rains affected it. I have looked online and checked the inside fuse panel on the firewall (drivers side), the fuse panel under the drivers seat in the compartment outside and the fuse panel under the refrigerator and nothing is blown.

The dash A/C snowflake button gets stuck on the outer trim for the dash. It also did not work, but Support helped me fix the blue to purple wiring to the fan clutch for the compressor.

The windshield wipers actually hit one another (hard) when used in rain and push each other out and bend erratically at fast or slow, further in my model the drive side window only gets about have wiped when it does work.

The caulking used to seal the drivers front roof cowling to the wallboard is pulling apart right at the joint.

The engine or transmission is very harmonically noisy with hard steering vibrations at 61-66 mph... above or below this is quiet and awesome. Under the frame the driveshaft and joints are very rusty but I don't that thats it.

Something in the bell housing or right next to it at idle on level ground metal on metal squeaks or chimes with the engine rotation while moving.

On slow large bumps or minor potholes the front suspension squeaks very loudly, like the bushings? are not greased or something.

On the same bumps, something in the driver side window column (above and front of the side windows) clanks around like it's a loose support or loose connector and is very loud (no idea how its assembled besides the videos online from the factory).

Headlights are aimed very low to front ofd the rv and brights are more where the normal driving ones should be.

The grey water pipe under the RV is disconnected at the box housing the valves. Mashing it in helped, but shouldn't that be glued? Looks like plumbers putty.

The step under the toilet is covered with same floor material and it also peeling/curling back at the bottom where it connects the floor as well.

I know Thor is a good company and make decent motorhomes and have good support, but I feel that mine was either a demo model (we asked the selling location and they said it wasn't) and abused some or we might have a lemon. My current notion is that alot of these are easy fixes, but... what's next?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum