Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #29
Hvacman007

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: California
THOR #6125
Generator shutting down while driving in excessive heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Anyone ever experienced this? Coming back thru Georgia, driving north from Savannah, those highways are EXTREMELY rough and in disrepair. In fact, we hit at least three “holes” in the road that shook our 30.2 ace so severely and so violently that the generator stopped running/producing electricity. I told my wife that everyone that works in the Georgia highway department needs to be fired! I’m just hoping that everything works when we take her out again next weekend...I don’t see how they stay together, and how anything still works after a shaking like that. Anyhoo, is the generator shutting off a normal/safety issue? Any of y’all ever experienced the same?
The generator on the ACE product line has a history of shutting down while being used driving down the road in severe heat. This is common because of where the Genset is located. Too close to the engine it heats up the unit and the fuel vapor locks. Thor has known about this for years and even has come up with a GE set relocation plan where the GE set and the propane tank swap places.
I ran into this in Arizona the year before last. Did a lot of research on it and decided it is a rare occasion so I let it be.
Google search this and other blogs and you’ll get the info you need.
After your unit cools down it will run as normal
Brad Ace 29.2

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum