Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Ok. That’s good info to have. I forgot they build some newer RV’s without an inverter system especially if it was a custom build or designated to be a rental. I had a similar condition once. Two different power systems isolated by a transfer switch. Each system brought the power in from opposite ends/directions to each circuit. My problem was a loose connection in a receptacle. Just an idea.

I would like to try a project like yours on an older RV. Did the inverter come with all the directions you needed?

Good luck.
Many of the "entry level" RV's dont come with an inverter. It was not even an option. I tought I might just replace the receptal anyway but it works fine when Im NOT trying to use the inverter. That is what is so baffling about it. And like I said Everything else on the inverter works fine. Yes I followed the instructions and I also found that had a You Tube on his install with the same exact inverter (Same model #) on the same exact RV (But diff floor plan) on the same exact circut (we only have two choices = GFI and Non GFI). And his was fine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum