Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 AM   #16
danendo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #11596
Cool Low voltage affects Generator and Jacks..Who knew? Not me!

I recently experienced something similar. Couldn't figure out why my jacks kept saying : Error, service jacks. Yes, I reset them, but every time I shut the vehicle off and turned it back on, I would hear that horrible (3 beeps) then the same message displayed. I have only owned my RV Thor Four Winds 2015 31E for 3 months. I was super excited upon finding the "right one" but still needed to learn a bit more. From the moment I left the Sellers home, this beep began. I mentioned it to him, but he could care less! He already had my money! Lesson learned but a good one for sure. To my surprise...it was the cabin batteries. YES...they were your Cheap $90 each set of batteries. Now I know the manufacturer does not sell a $95,000 coach with cheap batteries, but this seller did! Again, another lesson well learned...go cheap, get cheap! Mobile RV tech assured me that there was not enough juice to start the Jacks, reset them or even turn my generator on. He said most people start thinking about "Fuses, Breakers, etc.." Not even with the "emergency start" were we successful! Long story short, and after some awesome tips and $600 in rv/marine batteries...my coach is now ready for our upcoming road trip from FL to South Dakota. Any suggestions on routes, let me know!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.