Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #16
MarylandMatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #7268
Probably different Circuit

I agree with the other people that the outlet in question is probably not on the circuit that you re-routed through your inverter. While on shore power, plug a light into that outlet, then turn off each circuit until it turns off. I know that my hot water heater is under my sink, right behind my table, and they may have been lazy and tied into that line instead of the correct one.

Regardless, you should be able to turn off each circuit one at a time at the box and verify which breaker it is on. Then with that, you can come back and let us know what you find.

I did something similar, I installed an AIMS 2000w inverter, but I went ahead and just routed everything except for my AC through it. It was funny when driving down the road and the kids were watching a movie (maybe 30 minutes after we left the campground), then everything went off. Turned out, I had left on the electric water heater and the batteries and car alternator just could not keep up.

Hope you find your solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum