Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thanks for the questions.

I followed the directions for Aims and a youtube video to the T. It is 100% hooked up correctly. Everything works like it should except for this one outlet. When on shore power (inverter on standby) this outlet works fine but when off shore the inverter kicks on instantly and all but this one outlet work.

Yes I flipped the breaks 10 times to test which outlets work and don’t work with a fan. Im am 100% sure the outlet in question is hooked up to the same circuit that I am running the inverter on - this is not the issue. I only have two breakers for outlets in my small RV,: GFI and NON-GFI and have tested both lines to make sure Thor didn’t wire them wrong.

I guess I need to call Thor and get the diagram for my coach.

Yes the inverter has a remote. I tried it on and off to see what happens. With shore, without shore, with genny, without genny. Everything functions as it should except when on the inverter power only at this one outlet only. Its driving me crazy I cant figure this out.

The outlet in question is 100% on the same line that I tapped into for this inverter. There must be something in between that it don’t like and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I will just have to drag my own wire from the inverter to the dinette location in order to make it work properly. Or tap into the outlet over the sink and drop one down lower? I want to be able to charge my laptop from the dinette area.

I need to access the wires in the bathroom (little acces panel under toilet) to see what I can fine in this area. Perhaps its shorting out while on inverter power but not Shore? Very strange.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum