Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 04:11 AM   #16
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
Thanks for all that Brad. One last question because you have so much experience. When i read all the blogs from RV owners it seems that one needs to almost be a mechanic or very very mechanical at least to own one of these things. Seems like there is always something to fix or upgrade or add. I am not handy with tools and don't have the slightest idea how to fix anything. How would i make it out there in my Axis if i bought one? Thanks. Dave
Dave- I agree with the comments made here. Just like moving into a new (to you) home, you pick what seems to fit your desires and budget, and then make the improvements you want and can afford. Some things that are a must for me, like jacks, are worthless to somebody else.
Each of my last 4 RVs met my needs for that season, then my needs evolved and something different was a better fit. Travel trailer, 5th wheel, Class A, and now the Vegas 25.2 is nearly perfect for us now and for the foreseeable future. Still, I am open to new gadgets that may enhance or ease our time in it.
Do your homework, soak up the comments from friends and take your time shopping. Enjoy the journey! An RV is a complicated piece of work, with components of both car and home. If you always call the experts for home and car issues, you'll find RV experts to help you for a price. My friends who are new homeowners and new RVers are doing fine, and are finding they can do some things for themselves.
For a primer on what not to do with a motorhome, watch the Robin Williams movie, "RV".
BTW: I, too refuse to advertise for any dealer without compensation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum