Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #14
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yes, I can see out fine but I rely on by backup camera for the most part. I think this tint made this refection worse in the cockpit area but I also think "any dark tint" will make the side windows worse. Might be best to go with the "Clear" (which is 85% vs the 20% dark tint) for side windows?

You have to be careful and look twice to make sure what your looking at when in traffic. I know in the past when backing up I have opened up my slider window and stuck my head out to make sure I was not getting too close to a tree/car on the drivers side.

I will trying two new things to combate this reflection. First thing is I try some of that anti skid shelf liner (perforated) on the top of the dash to help with that reflection and the 2nd is I will try some black window screen and velcro over the window in front of the slider window that has the factory window screen (Bug screen). I think I can stick it to the alumumum window frame on the top and bottom and the other part of the window will slide behind it? It might be the angle im looking at from the drivers seat but it seems like the glass that has the screen covering it is not as bad as the one without - if that makes sense. I will take some inside pictures this weekend.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum