Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Inverter Charger Upgrade Question

I'm looking to perform an upgrade on a 30AMP coach using this 2500w pure sign inverter charger. I was wondering if anyone new:

1) The advantagse/disadvantages of using an inverter/charger with a automatic transfer switch in one unit.

2) Whether this can be a direct replacement for the charger and wired to supply power to everything. If it gets power on AC, it gets power from the inverter.

I'm struggling to understand why folks would only supply one bank or one circuit with inverter power when it seems the inverter's feed could just wire up to the existing breaker box/fuse panel; where the owner controls what draws juice, and when, as not to overload the system.

I know I have to be missing something . I mean, who wouldn't want that if there wasn't some rationale reason for not implementing it.

Looking forward to your feedback. Please don't be shy. Feel free to add as much info/detail as your fingers can handle. One thing I don't need on my hands is a coach that's been toasted from the inside out.

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.