Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #41
fairfieldwizard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #11425
As I read the posts here, I find it fascinating to me what RV owners put up with. We all want to love the concept of owning a motorhome and they are beautiful. Why is it that we tolerate wiring hacks, poor construction and just plain junky quality. While I was dealing with a blown up 12 vdc controller board that was installed in the engine compartment in s place behind the cowl making it impossible to work on, I learned from the board manufacturer that they alerted Thor of a potential catastrophic wiring error. When I say catastrophic I mean that failure would result in the engine stopping while the coach is in motion. He sent me the service bulletin, which, to date doesn't appear in public.
It reminds me (as it should remind many of you) of the 1970's when after taking delivery of a new car, you drove it home for a week and then brought it back in a week so the dealer could fix everything that's not working. Then, Toyota and others decided to do things differently. "Why not just test everything to make sure it all works before it leaves the factory?" And along with quality improvement processes, that's what they did. Today, they dominate the car business. But we all get cars that work properly in all regards when we take delivery of them, they require virtually no maintenance for thousands of trouble-free miles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Thor RV Forum mobile app

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.