Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 03:14 AM   #8
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
So here's what usually kills the deal for us on smaller coaches...towing....most of the gas coaches are just grossly under powered, and have no tow capacity … not the deal here...comes with a tow rating hitch of 8000lbs...

so now the truth in the pudding,... I hooked the 22' enclosed trailer up, triple axel.. 2 fold down sofa beds, bbq, fire wood, extra fuel,2 rzr 1000's, tools and such....ready for a week at the dunes..I did put a sping bar hitch,... but,.. I measures the coach height before adding the trailer.. and with the trailer on , and no spring bars,, it only lowered the rear 3/8"... and with the bars, put it right at the stock height.. so now the truth... back out to the scales..It would be foolish to say you didn't know the 22'r was back there and a real stretch of the truth... but people do say stuff like that,... not the case here.. but at the same time I can honestly say she handled the weight just fine,.. the ride was very smooth, un effected by passing or getting passed by big trucks.. on some what flat ground she stayed at 1800-1900 rpms in 6th gear on CC.. wisper quiet,.. it was hot and muggy on the trip out to the scales.. and now and then the engine fan would come on... ran the dash AC out and back,, pulled on the scales..heres the facts,,

the total gross weight was 19,260 lbs.. the chassis is 22,000 , that leaves me with under by 2740lbs.... sweet!!!
the steer axel was at 4280 and the drive axel was at7920... The trailer @7060...pretty close to right on in my thought.. no idea of what the mpg is gonna be with the towed weight.. but long as I can get there with all my stuff... Pretty cool..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum