Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #12
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Wow I never heard of this. Good to know. Im not sure about the temp probe location NOT getting colder as your raise it (Im not an AC expert perhaps someone else can confirm this).

My probe was located about one inch from the bottom so the first time I raised it like 2 inches and checked the output temp and it was 55 deg temp on my temp gauge then I raised it 1.5 inches more I got 45 deg. But I also agree it "might" have more airflow towards the center of the coils. I guess if someone has a infrared temp reader they can check this out pretty easy for us.

I had one CW employee make it sound like it will start frosting from the bottom up (so the bottom is colder than the top) and not to not raise it too much. But perhaps he was just speculating or theorizing as he was behind the part counter and not in the shop working.

But I think your Idea of just removing it - at lest temporary sound intriguing. I would not want to see this probe hanging down "outside" but I think you are letting your probe dangle down "inside" the air return and its still under the plastic cover? Perhap we need to use a diff word? LOL All of this "Probing" might sound better on a diff forum - LOL .

I think mine setup is perfect the way it is (for me) so I will leave well enough alone. But your idea sounds like it might work for a few folks.

Did you ever take a reading on the output temp? I would be interested to see what it shows. Have you run it all day (like 10 – 12 hours) straight like this? If so did it frost up at all.

Thanks for the info.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum