Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
tmikea

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
2018 Thor Chateau 24FS - how to manually retract slide-outs

The 2018 Thor Chateau 24FS has two slide outs, both on the drivers side.

Big question is how to retract the slide-outs if they don't want to cooperate.

I've not had that problem yet, BUT...with a slide-out OUT, you are pretty much nailed to one location and cannot even have the RV towed. In just about every other case, you can get towed to an RV repair shop.

I've been looking around and simply cannot find any access panel to the electric motor or any manual crank, etc.

The front slide is the kitchen table then going to the back, there's closed/clothing drawer area and behind that the bedroom slide-out.

It sounds to me that the electric motor is near the ceiling behind the upper closet hanging clothing rack...but there is no access panel.

I plan to call Thor support to see what they have to say....I'll let you know on this thread, but in the mean time, anyone have any experience with this model RV and manual retraction of the slide-outs?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.