Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #19
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaMyers.com View Post
I quit buying from Amazon when I can buy from local stores that hire local people. Save $10 dollars or save 10 jobs. However, the car dealers are not always straight forward with costs but it was my own fault for not getting 3 bids first.
"Time's they are a-changing". You will not stop Amazon or any other concern that ships for free to your door, has the (almost) cheapest prices, and gets it to you very quickly. I like your idea but it is now out of date. Remember when you used to buy from a local shop owner that you knew by name and would stand behind his products with his own guarantee...that change about 50 years ago with Sears, Payless, Walmart etc. etc. Who does not shop at Walmart for price and convenience (by the way, they destroyed all, the mom and pop stores in small towns a long time ago as well).

As a kid (5 years old) I remember making my first purchase of candy at "Earls", a variety store in San Francisco on Portola drive and, of course, the owner was there behind the counter! When I go by that shopping center now, the buildings are mostly the same but none of the original storeowners are there any longer...the good 'ol days. (that was 1956)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum