Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: SumoSprings
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #8
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
Installed Sumo Springs on the front and do not notice a difference. If I had, I was going to install them on the rear also but don't see the need to spend another $400. So far I've added Safe-t-plus steering stabilizer, rear BlueOx Tiger Trak and Sumo Springs to the front and the only noticeable good change is when trucks pass the sway is reduced, otherwise, no other improvement. Granted the Safe-t-plus is supposed to help in the event of a front tire blow out and I hope I never find out if it does. I did install a TPMS so I can hopefully proactively prevent a blow out. Overall, I still feel that driving the coach can be a white knuckle experience but I have come to terms with that and get more confident as I drive. One thing I cannot change is the poor condition of the roads which seem to have a much bigger impact on a motorhome and can also make for a frustrating driving experience.

Thanks. That is helpful. I have put steering stabilizers on every coach I’ve owned to help with emergencies. A blowout is far less likely than dropping a front wheel off the road. Happened to me with an oncoming car with an inattentive driver on a narrow road before I installed. It was briefly terrifying. Don’t know if the steering stabilizer will help much but it certainly is worth a try!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum