Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: External Sink
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #6
USTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: South Dakota
THOR #9611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The outside sink is indeed lower than the gray water tank on my coach, as the gray water tank is above the fuel tank. That is why there is a macerater pump on outside sink to pump water up into the gray water tank. On my coach, some nice sole at the factory put a 1.5 inch one way flapper valve in the line to the gray water tank. It is the same flapper valve under the shower drain I would suppose yours could be omitted, sticking or otherwise inoperative. You could try filling the outside sink with hot soapy water a couple times and pumping it out with the macerater and see if it clears your problem
Thanks for the response. What you said about the flapper valve makes me think that something is definitely not normal with my system. I was not aware of the flapper valves existence and frankly was at my wits end as to a possible cause. You response gave me something to zero in on and it certainly seems to make sense as a possible problem. I would like to mention though that the problem also occurs when the gray water tank is empty and the unit is level but that doesn't mean that the water isn't being misdirected for one reason or another, since it does usually follow the path of least resistance. I haven't yet determined if the source of the water is either the bathroom sink, kitchen sink, or both. Fortunately the source is not the toilet. I hadn't realized that the sink was lower than the gray water tank. I am also wondering what the location of the flapper valve is in your unit? Is it in the external sink area or the bathroom area?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum