Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Thor Motor Coach Issues and Complaints group on Facebook

So... as part of my daily reading, I joined a few groups on Facebook. One of them is particularly entertaining (the title group Thor Motor Coach Issues and Complaints.) I of course got called out for commenting that since it is a group that does nothing but complain, it makes it hard to offer any kind of real advice. Every RV will have issues. Now yes, some of these folks have some REAL nasty problems. The fun is that nobody wants to take any kind of accountability, they all assume it is built just like a Ford or Chevy and should simply just work. Some even say they have been RV'ing for 25 years and never had issues like these (yet I say they should have hired an RV inspector prior to buying since they really didn't look too hard.) A lot of the issues are discussed here all of the time and we offer some helpful solutions. I guess most people aren't as handy as many of us, things like screws and wallpaper blemishes can be easily taken care of.

I won't mention names but there is one thread in particular that is just downright sad to read because the owner feels justified in slamming Thor at every opportunity for even the silliest stuff. My first thought is... YOU drove off the lot with it like that! Did you not look at it? Did you ask anyone to take a look at it for you? This person feels "experienced" and defends their actions... and there is no seeing anything from any other point of view... no debates or agreeing to disagree... anyway, enough about that.

All I can say is that it makes me appreciate this forum so much more every day. Thanks to all of you who make this such a great place to visit!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.