Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:49 AM   #7
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbain1 View Post
On the other hand, I understand electric brake dollies need the addition of a brake controller. I haven't found if one can simply tie into the brake lights of the towing vehicle to activate the dolly's brakes.
So, I'm a dilemma as to which way to go. I must use a dolly as my 2015 Ford Escape cannot be towed 4 wheels down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tow dollies with surge brakes have been around a long time and are very reliable, I’ve had two different ones over the years and never had any problems, even in the mountains.

Electric brakes require a dedicated brake controller which can be adjusted for sensitivity and amount of braking. Brake lights would be either on or off and wouldn’t be able to modulate the amount of braking, also the lights wouldn’t be able to handle the load.

My vote would be for surge brakes and the simplicity that goes with them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.