Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I can only speak from my ACE experience with removing the surface mount table leg trip hazards and installing recessed table leg holders in my floor.
I did not go all the way through the floor.

I had:
Vinyl flooring
1/2 to 3/4 subfloor wood
Steel metal channels about 2&1/2" wide by 1&1/2" deep (as I recall). They looked like boxed u-channels welded together.

So coming from the bottom you may be hitting the steel channels; not aluminum.
Ok, thanks. I suspect its a thin sheet in this area only. Not like im trying to drill into some sort of bracket or bracing under coach or frame. This area is NOT raised up compared to the rest of the floor and im sure THor did not cover the entire floor with some thick, heavy and expensive metal floor covering. Plus I see many wood screws in the floor so Im sure its some sort of thin metal I can drill though but I wanted to make sure. Maybe I just need to move over a few inches or feet?

I will need a hole in this area for my future solar project.

Thanks for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum