Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 AM   #1
mark4Jesus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
First Trip, So Far, So Good, Slight Tactical Error

We are on our first trip, just a few hours from the house. Enjoying our Axis, just learning the best place/way to store stuff, inside and out. Reminds me of our first trip in the travel trailer. Everything is working, no problems at all, so far, so good with the Axis. My driving however....

Slight tactical error: About 30 minutes from the house, on a two lane road, with oncoming traffic, I made contact with an unseen dead tree limb, slightly hanging out over road. My wife thought it hit the passenger mirror. My daughter, driving behind us, said all she saw was the tree limb fall to the side of the road. Got to the campground, looked at the mirror and saw no damage! Great, sigh of relief.

This morning, while lounging under the awning, minding my own business, I looked up and saw something dangling from the front of the awning at the roller. Well, the limb hit the front of the awning and broke the front of the plastic cover, that covers the motor, off, and then the the rear cover also. No other damage to the awning or fabric! I called a local mobile RV repair man and he came and looked at it and ordered the parts from Carefree, which should be here Thursday, we leave Saturday.

The repairman and the Carefree rep were shocked that there was no other damage to awning, and that it was functioning properly. All we can say is, thank you, Lord!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum