Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbatt View Post
My used Thor Ace 16,500 miles was way out of alignment and the outside edge of both front tires worn quite a bit, but the "tread" is still legal so the dealer said.

I took it to a local alignment shop and they said the front tires should be rotated to the rear else they would just wear out much faster even with an alignment.

It was a rip off "specialty" shop. One hour min. LABOR for everything they touch, $172.50/hr. Plus parte. They charge 1 hr for alignment, 1 hr for rotate, and then 1 hour for oil change. I found old service records and whoever did it prior charged $60 labor for oil change.

The thing still wanders all over the road lane and can feel every bump and crack and ripple in the road thru the steering wheel.

We made a BIG MISTAKE, and even though we got a "good deal" on the used price $64,000 plus $4800 sales tax and license/owners tax. We are more convinced than even before we talked ourselves into this POS, we could buy a whole LOT of NICE hotel rooms for what this thing cost, and WILL cost in gas, maintenance, etc.

A motor home can never be about saving money. Owning mine is one of the most expensive things I’ve ever done! It’s about lifestyle - you either like it or you don’t. Certainly it’s not for everyone. I know people who spend thousands of dollars a year playing golf. Makes zero sense to me but it works for them so it’s all good. Hope you can sell your coach and get on to a lifestyle that does not frustrate you so much! All the best.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.