Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 AM   #13
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshaw View Post
I hope you can get your motorhome repaired a lot quicker than my 2016 AXIS is being repaired. Purchased mine at the Good Sam Supercenter in Chattanooga, Tenn after trading in my 2002 Class C that never had a engine problem.

My AXIS has just over 2000 miles on it now and it runs like crap. It has been to a Ford garage in Vermont for over a week and it still runs terrible.

I have had this problem since it had just over 800 miles.

If you are traveling at speed the engine runs good. But in traffic where the tranny is shifting a lot I lose throttle response and it feels like it is going to stall out. The vehicle will slow almost to a stop before it seems to pick up speed again. Very dangerous in traffic where folks expect you to keep moving. Ford motor company found the closest (120 miles away)dealer who was supposed to be able to fix my size unit. After towing my dolly to their facility so I would have a way home after leaving my AXIS I gave them specific instructions on the problem. The next day I get a call telling me my unit was ready I go thru the whole routine of driving back over to Vermont from NY. Pick up my MH only to find out after driving off the lot that the problem has not been fixed. Took a technician for a ride to show him what it was doing. Left the AXIS at the dealership again and drove back to NY.

To make a long story short I made the trip three more times with them telling me they are unable to repair my motorhome. So in anger I hooked up my dolly and drove my unit home. So now I am at my wits end as to what to do next.

Other than putting a match to it do any of you good folks have any suggestions as to what my next step should be. The next closest repair facility to me is over 220 miles away.

Help

Thanks ,
Joe

I am afraid i cannot be of help on your problem, but i am questioning the whole idea of the Axis. I read several reports like yours, and I'm wondering if it's a good idea to buy it at all. Hopefully, you'll have your problem fixed soon

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum