Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 12:11 PM  
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I DO have some questions about these carts...
How do they compare to a more conventionally-sized cart?
(Other than being about half the price!)
The Missus and I have our Spyder for sale...
So we're going to need something to drive around in!
How are they on hills?
Is the sie to side space sufficient?
Does the 36 volt system have enough power?
Is the top speed sufficient?
The Cricket is smaller in all respects. The real point is to be able to load it into the back of an SUV, mid SUV, pick-up, or back of RV on platform. (WARNING -- beef up receiver hitch)

It does slow down some on hills, but I'm in Florida so I'm no expert on hills. I can hear the motor slow down slightly but I haven't been on any big hills.

My wife and I are both in our sixties, are "normal" size, and have "normal spreads". We fit very comfortably side by side not touching with a few inches to spare.

Together my wife and I are maybe 400+ pounds and the speed is not really noticeably effected. The "zip" feel is still there.

One of the surprise benefits is that the small size allows me to fit thru spaces the have been restricted by physical barriers like poles, etc.

If one needs to ferry around large adults long distances all day, then a gas powered one would be better. If it's just two retired couples who want light easy transportation without super serious demands, this is it.

BTW, I have taken it down some hiking and biking trails and it is so cool to not have to pedal and/or walk yet still get out into nature.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum