Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
TheDustyGeek

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
One of my friends with a 2014(?) Hurricane 34F recently had the same problem. She may have even posted on here about it. Her actual problem was twofold:

1) The breaker was tripped. However, because it was hidden behind the batteries and you couldn't see it without sticking your head in the compartment, she never knew to reset it. It wasn't until I traced the motor wires from the hydraulic pump that I found the breaker and reset it. While the breaker was tripped, her generator wouldn't start either. Her leveling control panel kept saying "Low Voltage" until it was reset.

2) You may want to watch out this next second issue if you don't already know why your breaker blew (e.g., you manually extended the jacks and held it down). It may be that yours is on its way out as well, although I'm not sure if they fail intermittently like that or not.

Apparently some diode pack embedded in an older style of the wiring harness has a tendency to go bad and as a result, her jacks would only extend (lift coach). She had maxed out all the jacks and as a result the pump was pulling so much current it tripped the breaker.

The temporary fix was to disconnect the small two-wire connector on the left side of the pump which connects to a switching module that controls the hydraulic fluid direction. the module was very hot to the touch. Once disconnected, retract worked fine. Since she had an upcoming trip, we also confirmed you could reconnect it and auto-level again and disconnected to retract. It was a hassle, but got her working again.

She called LCI, confirmed her model number and ordered a new wire harness (around $100). Once she installed the new one, it operated as normal again.

Note that the manual retract didn't work either because the flow direction switch was always powered, causing the pump to always be in extend mode.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.