Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #10
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Jeep sells a harness for the Cherokee to tow four down. I installed a connection kit from the 7 pin harness (make sure you have power on that pin on your RV) to my battery (it has a diode in the unit) to charge the tow vehicle from the RV when connected. My Patriot braking system plugs into the 12v socket so it's using the jeep's battery.
That sounds like the setup on mine. The coach provides power to the braking unit and Jeep (they had me bring the coach to the dealer to test the connections. There's an 8-pin to 6-pin adapter cord that plugs into a socket on Jeep grill to power the braking unit, etc. The extra wiring had diodes in it I know. I'm just not well-versed on the finer points, but they installed that too. It's on the work order and invoice.

I'm going to check with both dealers tomorrow on all these items. I'm suspecting I won't need to disconnect the negative, but I want to be 100% sure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum