Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Exclamation Replacing Challenger in-wall motor

So ... long story short. I was constantly getting a ground fault in my one slide motor in the full wall slide which caused issues having it slide in and out. I found that by checking the pins on the motor and the connector end, some of the pins were real short. I fixed that and it worked for a bit but now I am getting the error again. I am thinking it is probably in the wire someplace now because when I jiggle the wire, the slide will move out fine.

sooo, here's where it got interesting. I went and got the part numbers for the motor and wire and ordered them from lippert. I received them and noticed right away that the connector ends were backwards. In other words, the motor now had a female connector and the wire had a male connector. Same part numbers. I am thinking that they found an issue with the old connectors and made a change someplace. Good thing I decided to buy both parts because I can't have to female ends connecting. Before I go and remove the old wiring, I contacted lippert and am waiting for a response as to why they changed the connectors. The new one seems much cleaner, just backwards from the factory version.

The pictures show the two differences in the ends of the connectors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7230.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	11871   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7233.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	11872  

Name:	IMG_7235.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	11873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7236.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	11874  

Name:	IMG_7234.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	11875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7237.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	11876  

Name:	IMG_7231.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	11877  
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.