Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Challenger chassis info

For you Challenger owners or soon to be Challenger owners:

When looking at the Challenger and Ford chassis specs something didn't add up. The Challenger 37** specs have the GVWR at 22K and the wheelbase at 252 inches for the LX, ND, and TB. The specs for the GT and KT have the same GVWR and a wheelbase of 242 inches.

According to the Ford specs they do not offer the 252 inch wheelbase on the 22K GVWR F53 chassis. The longest wheelbase on this chassis is 242 inches. The 252 wheelbase is not an option until you get to the 24K GVWR chassis.

I called Ford and they ran the VIN for my coach. The chassis for my coach was delivered as a 242 in 22K chassis. Apparently Thor extended the center of the frames on the ND, LX and TB rather than go to the 24K chassis with available 252 inch wheelbase.

Just thought this may be an interesting bit of info know.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum