Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Our Rocker RV View Post
Love Harvest Hosts! We are actually parked at one right now in the Fargo, North Dakota area. We've stayed at wineries, farms, museums, distilleries, farm markets, orchards, etc. all with good experiences. Highly recommend them. If you choose to sign up use Off Our Rocker RV as a referral and we both receive an extra month to our memberships. Happy travels!
I've got to say that your is, I think, the first post I've ever read that had good things to say....
I've seem this question come up several times now, on another forum and maybe here too, not sure... Well at least I think it was harvest host...maybe it was another similar thing.

Anyway, I really want to love the idea of that sort of service. I often think about how there are so many places with huge parking lots that would be perfect overnight spots...office buildings, businesses of all sorts, golf courses, and on and on.... But I can see how a few bad egg RV'ers either overstaying their welcome, leaving trash, etc... could really mess it up for others. I mean I'd love to think that if I were a business owner that had a place that say, was closed weekends, that I could list it for use..maybe with a one or two night limit, out by a certain time in teh morning, or whatever...but I can totally imagine the potential dangers and headaches too. Insurance problems, trash, damage, or maybe the worst might be squatters that won't leave.

Anyway, it seems like mostly what I read it sounds like it could be a scam of some sort....with folks reporting that they approach some of the listed places only to find out that they've either never heard of it or they have repeatedly asked to be removed from the directory. AM I thinking of something else, and not harvest host?

Do you promise that harvest host isn't your business or employer?

Also, is it mostly regional, like say lots of places out west but not so many in other areas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum