Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #26
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
yeah, i must have been confusing with some other similar program. I seem to remember mention of golf courses in that one... as in someone contacted the golf course near them that was supposed to be in the program just to verify the thing was real...and the golf course complained, saying they didn't know what it was or how they got on the list

Anyway, yeah...this does sound very interesting to me. Looking in my general weekend trip range, there aren't very many on the map...and most all of them are very rural.

I do see mention of some museums and such...and that is among the things we often do on trips...great places for the kids and us to take breaks...and their large parking lots after hours could be perfect for overnighting. Potentially better than retail type places I think.... I'd love to find a similar organization more focused on those type places....We've asked a few times though, and have been denied. I guess the more urban places are likely to be restricted under ordinances.

Looking at the map, I'd say this harvest host program could be wonderful for folks that do longer road trips all the time and need stops along the way to some other destination. I've got to say the idea of doing an extended winery tasting tour does seem like a fun idea...with all the tasting done afternoon or evening...then stay the night, then on to the next one!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.