Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #17
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
I'd like to add my voice to this topic to help others.

My wife and I are taking our first big trip tomorrow in our Thor Hurricane 34F. She washed it with a high pressure stream from the garden hose (not a pressure washer), and shortly after she told me there was a clicking sound coming from the coach. I traced it to the furnace (I learned its location on the spot) and pulled the appropriate fuse. That also shut off the A/C. I was stumped. I feared the trip was shot and I'd have to go to the dealer.

After a couple hours--and giving up--I came here to research ATwood furnace problems and found this thread and another similar. I went back out, took the outside cover off the furnace, and saw "shiny" below the circuit board. I ran my finger along it and swore it was wet, but I thought I was engaging in wishful thinking.

Anyway, I got the air compressor, turned the pressure down low (like a can of air for cleaning computer equipment) and blew it out. I swear some droplets hit me in addition to the ladybug carcasses. I looked in the back and saw water droplets! I did some more and got hit with water droplets. I did it a few more seconds then turned the furnace RESET/ON switch back to "ON". Silence. I checked the A/C and it ran fine, and the furnace stayed off.

All I can surmise is that not a lot, but "just enough" water got in under the circuit board to short out some traces. When I blew it out and dried it the problem stopped.

We head to New Mexico first so the heat and dry air should help it dry further.

Thanks to this forum the countdown resumed!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum