Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 01:51 AM   #8
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
Not an RV, but we had a similar issue in our Tundra. Cruise would kick off at random, cluster lights would go off, and gauges would all drop to zero.

Our mechanic said we had to have a loose or corroded ground connection somewhere. Turns out that the cable on the negative post was very slightly loose, with a little corrosion beneath it. We cleaned both terminals and tightened them. Seems to have done the trick. He said that there could be other ground connections to the frame as well - we just got lucky that ours was in an easily accessible place.

Probably not at all what is wrong with yours, but something else to check if everything else turns into a dead end.
Yeah, the Engine has a ground and the frame has a ground. Used to be the engine mounts were the ground to frame but long time ago when I was in my first car, the engine started but there was no dash lights to see the speedo. Got that fixed before my next speeding ticket.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.