Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The 6R140 is a slick transmission.

The other differences are model dependent. For example: The 24.1 model recently switched the way the bathroom door works (not sure if that was a 2015-2016 switch or a 2014-2015 switch). In the older models the door is a two piece folding door that, when open, combines the bathroom with the rear bedroom making for a large changing area.

The newer version of that door splits the fold so that the doors are more like a clamshell and when open the connect to the other side of the camper making just the bathroom bigger.
It is diagrammed in the floorplan: 2014:

The newer 24.1 also has some USB charger connections and a 2nd radio in the back bedroom. The TV is also larger in newer models.
On the lastest large Class C I rented for a long trip the 5R110 was OK except for engine braking on steep mountain roads. I would have preferred manual control of gear choices which I believe the 6R140 provides. Hopefully it will be set up that way on Axis.

I'm curious if you know what the short line between the two doors on the new 24.1 represent. Is it a door stop at top and/or bottom only, or does it run up and down blocking access. I'm hoping that's not the case. It seems like if vertical partition it would block access to sink.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum