Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #42
Steve Hummel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Maryland
THOR #3709
Similar Problem with AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
My opinion (That's all that iut ius...): one air-conditioning unit in an RV that's carrying as much window glass as yours; is just not going to cut the mustard.
A second unit should be a serious consideration.
Sorry...
We have a 2016 Thor ACE 30.2. No other major problems that I could not address, but I agree that the AC Unit is just not strong enough when the humidity and temperature hit the upper 90's. I found out that if you plan early in the day, close all the blinds, run an extra fan on the front dash, you can stay on top of it. We recently traveled with 4 grandchildren and 4 adults. Kept the kids either in or out of the Motorhome, not back & forth every 5 minutes, had a shady site. We were comfortable. It was 94 degrees outside, even with all the "people" we were at 75-76 degrees inside.

Our first summer out just the two of us and 3 cocker spaniels, we had a very hot day, 100 degrees, we traveled for two hours with just the dash air, no coach air. The coach was 87 degrees the cab was very cool, so we did not notice the difference till we stopped. Upon arrival, our site was not in the shade, the afternoon sun beating down, our AC never stopped running and the coach did not get below 80 degrees till after the sun went down. Now, when it is that hot outside, I run the generator with the coach AC on and no longer have that problem. Next time, we will get a coach with 2 AC units.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum