Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:30 AM   #26
Usedtobered

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #7289
Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8rcfan View Post
So, Im not alone. So far, this is the only problem I have with my Thor. Well, almost.
Why would they install a 1950s thermostat for the HVAC? I spent a whole $25 for a digital unit. SO much better.
Why is the dash radio tied to the house 12v. Looses time, every time you switch.
I asked Ford, they said no to warranty on the alignment. It may have been aligned when it left Ford, but after the RV mfg adds their weight, and it sags, there goes the alignment.
How do you know? It didnt pull, shake or nothing. It just requires your constant attention to keep it in the lane. Couldn't relax at all.
Lastly, according to the alignment shop, this is the case of ALL the RV companies.

I was told by the service rep. at CW that Ford would warranty 2 alignments in the first year and gave me the name of a Ford dealer that would handle it. When I called them they said it was to large and they couldn't do it. I went to Ford web page and found names of dealers in my area that were supposed to handle it. No such luck. Finally ended up taking it to a local spring shop that handles trucks and they did the alignment for $160. I took the paperwork back to the service dept. at CW they summited it to Thor. Thor reimbursed me for all but the tax.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum