Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #25
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcorry View Post
Sorry about the delay in responding - been out of the loop for a while.
Yep, the 29.2 vehicle placard reads "16K GVWR". I obtained COMPLETE 2013/14 F53 spec sheets from Ford and compared the 16K with 18K 190" wheelbase chassis. EVERYTHING was IDENTICAL except for the rear springs, which were the same number of leaves and size but had a different weight rating - can't explain why. I know one can never change a manufacturer's GVWR for a vehicle, but the SuperSprings I put on the rear leveled the coach and gave me some extra overload protection (I assume and sincerely hope!!!). There is just no way I can get below 16K# with full fuel and water plus the normal (and reasonable) load of stuff for a trip. We boondock some so full water is necessary; besides, lessening my water load will not get me below 16K#. I put on a few thousand miles on so far and have not had any issues.
I dont personally believe you would ever have any issue. Its no different than when I pulled a 5er with my Dodge dually, every year they upped the capacity but all the specs were the same. Thanks for responding.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum