Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Engine overheat
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
DanChateau33SW

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau Super C 33SW
State: Florida
THOR #10499
I had a 2013 RAM 2500 Cummins and always pulled my trailer near sea level or through the WA mountains. We took a trip out from Seattle to MT, WY, SD, and ID. Headed across I-90 in MT, the temp gauge and the trans temp started to gradually climb to temps I had never seen and was getting pretty nervous. No warning lights or alerts...all temperatures seemed to be elevated but stable. I started asking around, and the temps I was seeing were perfectly normal for the truck. At higher elevations, the ambient air isn't going to cool as well as the thicker air in the low lands. So when we started climbing the Bighorn Mtns. in WY, at 10,000 feet doing 65mph on cruise control, the truck performed flawlessly.

Moral of the story - keep an eye on the temps, they may elevate and we get nervous, but they may still be in the normal operating range for the design of the vehicle. If they exceed the normal range, warnings will flash and tell us.

Hope you have an uneventful trip back.
DanChateau33SW is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum