Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.maslowski@comcast.net View Post
In regard to a 2017 Thor-AXIS. The Driver side windshield wiper, when wiping, the upward travel stops right in front of my driving field of vision. I think it should all the way to the Left side of the windshield. Hs anyone else encountered this situation? In a heavy rain it is quite difficult to see especially if going on a left hand turn.

I have asked Thor, and my dealer and there seems to be no solution to adjust the wiper to go further to the left.
I have the same exact problem. I cant believe this is the way it was designed - very hazardous. Its not rocket science - I think the Model T had a better design (but manual operated).

SO when my RV was a week old I moved the Drivers side arm so they are even when down but then they got hung up on each other - luckily no damaged. Not to mention it made my problem worse with field of vision. I moved back to factory spot. I could go the OTHER way but when not in use the driver’s side will be up like 4 inches higher (or more) and drive me crazy. But that the only easy fix that I can see.

I use Rainex so that helps some. Must be reapplied every few month to be effective. But the bugs come right off so thats good.

I looked at the linkage under the hood.... looks to me it need some sort of lever action somehow but I don’t have the knowledge for this mod (or a welder). I bet someone can figure it out.

I even searched for solutions on line but no answers. I was hoping that THOR or FORD had a longer linkage used on another model that would help.

Its drives me crazy when it rains.

Let me know if you find a solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum