Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 02:27 AM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
OOh wait til Chance reads this! LOL

.....cut....
Yes, a subject close to my love of cycling; and apart from that, one I can’t understand why RV manufacturers don’t try harder to come up with new and innovative ideas (I’d settle for recycled designs).

I’m aware of a few attempts in North America to provide large bike garages under motorhome rear bedrooms, but apparently they didn’t go over well enough to keep the motorhome in production for too long. In a couple of designs, the garage was large enough to haul motorcycles or golf carts.

One such motorhome with large bike garage was the Thor Serrano 31V. Personally, I believe that if it didn’t sell well it was because of FRED (front engine diesel) which are loud and rough for their price point, and also the wrong market for cyclist with expensive bikes. I think people into cycling are not normally those buying huge and expensive diesel motorhomes.

Below is picture of Thor Serrano 31V. For me it was too big, too loud, too luxurious/expensive for camping, and rear overhang too long. However, the concept and general design, if applied to an Axis or mid-size Class C, would be awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DE404BFF-D489-4A54-9970-D9706F294501.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	12161  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum