Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #35
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
Keep in mod that those are 21 business days, not calendar days. So that only applies if you are willing to leave your RV at the dealership and Thor's mercy for over a month.

I have never left any of my brand new motorhomes, (three so far), at the dealership for more than 24 total business hours. And I refuse to!

There is nothing in the Mitchell time and labor guide that takes a qualified mechanic more than 10 hours to accomplish, and that includes removing and replacing an entire drive train, (or in my case, a V10 engine in my Fleetwood Pace Arrow, a fiberglass rear cap on my Winnebago Vista, and the replacement of the entire overhead bunk Schwintek slide mechanism on my new Thor).

All other time is non-productive transactional communication. The time to conduct those transactions, (pictures, authorizations, shipping, telephone calls, and waiting), are performed on the dealership's time.

I take my motorhome and enjoy it until they contact me that they are ready to conduct some productive work! Then, and only then, do I bring in the coach. And I pick it up as soon as they wash and wax it, (I like the dealers that do this, so that's where I take my warranty work).
We were concerned that the overhead bunk would come crashing down on us while driving because due to the right side being off the track, we could not secure the pin on that side. It had been slipping down and we just didn't feel comfortable letting that go while on a trip.

The other "fixes" are all pretty minor, but we lumped them in as long as we had to have the work done. Looks like we are going to have to re-learn dealing with "service" departments!

Thanks for the comments!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.