Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #40
mstng

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Congratulations, Once you get a few kinks worked out you will love your new ride.

I would get the big bulk pack (36 sq foot) Dynamat Xtream ($150 on Amazon) that way you can insulate the dog house and while it off go around the floor (above engine and tranny area) as far as you can. Then go forward towards the fire wall and insulate that as well. I would recommend two or three sheets of Dynamat 11905 Hoodliner 32" x 54" x 3/4" Thick Self-Adhesive ($57 each).

And with any leftovers you can insulate under the hood and the underside of the dash from the engine compartment and the firewall. I went crazy and used about twice this amount in the cab/engine/Firewall/floor areas.

I figured I didnt want to leave anything on the table when it came to killing the noise and heat. Im very impressed with my results but it was costy (but well worth it IMO).

Do several searches on this forum for writeups and pictures on Hurricane and Axis/Vegas RV's.
Thanks you sir. On order and will have them in a few days. Also added a new vent for the roof ac, as well as a pillow for the ceiling fan. I plan to blow foam forward of the front vents and then see where i'm at with the cooling. I already have the thermister probe taped to outside of the intake avoiding any cool air blowing and evaluating that change. It seems that their may be some mixing with cool air into the ambient intake and will be sealing that. Time will tell. My thanks to you as well as a few others i see on the various coach cooling threads.

Bill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.